Wednesday 22 April 2020

Hello everyone!

Big news!  Yesterday, I met with some of your classmates and set up the virtual classroom!  It will allow us to have a face-to-face meeting and we can talk with each other to clear up confusion.  While I can't force people to attend, I really hope that you do.  From what I'm hearing from your parents and you, people are missing the discussions we have, the "big ideas" that get explained, and the general better understanding that is gained in a real person classroom.

Grade 8 ELA will meet at 1:00 p.m. this Friday.  We'll need about a half hour to 45 minutes.  I'll be introducing the novel study.  Put this in your calendar!  Talk to your parents about setting aside this time with a device (phone, laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.).  I'd like both classes together for this session.  I will send invitations Friday morning with instructions for how to access the class.

Grade 8 SS will meet at 1:00 p.m. next week on Wednesday.  Again, we'll need about a half hour to 45 minutes.  I'll be introducing the Rome project.  Put this in your calendar!  Talk to your parents about setting aside this time with a device (phone, laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.).  I will send invitations Wednesday morning with instructions for how to access the class.

Grade 7 SS will meet at 11:00 p.m. next week on Wednesday.  We'll need about a half hour to 45 minutes.  I'll be introducing the Quality of Life project.  Put this in your calendar!  Talk to your parents about setting aside this time with a device (phone, laptop, desktop, tablet, etc.).  I will send invitations Friday morning with instructions for how to access the class.  

Be sure to still check the blog on these days since I'll be posting the project and rubric.  If you can, print it and have it for the meeting.  Read through the project and if you have any questions, I can answer them during our class.  

If you can't make the meeting, for whatever reason, that's okay but let me know and we can have a phone or email conversation about the project.  If you have any questions about these classes, or your parents do, send me an email and we can talk about them.  I encourage everyone to come to class!

Now, let's get to work.

8ELA

-Please be sure to do your 40 minutes to an hour of Reading today.
-Last class I assigned The Wonder of Words for the Notes on the Second World War, the Holocaust, and Judaism.  Because everyone's work will be different, I won't be posting answers for you to review.

8SS

-Last class we learned about the Byzantine Empire.  I'm collecting homework from the following people:  8M-Emily, Kristine, Dwayne, Gabrielle, Lucas, Sesinna, Naod and 8B-Athaniel, Dominic, Shaun, Allycia, Sherah-Mae, Livia, Matteo, Nevaeh.  Please send this work today.

7SS

-Last class we learned about the UN peacekeepers and Canada's role in it.  I'm collecting homework from the following people:  Ethan, Riley, Chimdi, Feven, Lola, Catherine, Joseph, AJ, Julie, Owen, Samara


  

No comments:

Post a Comment