Thursday 30 April 2020

Good morning.

Great meetings yesterday everyone!  It was nice to see so many of you using proper online etiquette!

I always send the invitation one or two days ahead of time.  You should check for it ahead of time.  
Don't email me 15 minutes before the meeting telling me you didn't get it.  
Plan, prepare, get organized BEFORE the meeting.  
You can email me the day before and tell me you didn't get it but 
there's nothing I'm going to do about it the day of. the meeting.

You may want to discuss with your parents the idea of you having your own email account.  
I know some of you are using mom and dad accounts then having a problem at meeting time.  
Think about it as a family.  IF you get a different address, send it to me as soon as possible
and I will update my files.

Email today, before lunch, with your project choice or you will be assigned a topic.

When emailing me, always use the cmunro@holycrossschool.mb.ca address.  The other address some of you are using is tied to Teams and I rarely check that.  Use the address that you've always used.

8ELA

-Yesterday was our last day of Reading--please send me the last page you read of that book, with title.  This doesn't mean to stop reading, but I know some of you are having trouble accessing books and with us starting the novel study, I thought this was the best decision.
-Yesterday, I posted questions for the second part of the I am David intro.  All answers will vary but for question two, you should have calculated about 320 km (that about the distance from Winnipeg to Fargo.  I'm not collecting homework today.
-Today we start reading the novel.  Like we've learned in class, if you sticky note interesting language and concepts, you can come back to them if you need to.  If using the PDF, make a running record of page numbers that you found interesting.
-Read chapter 1 of I am David.
-In tomorrow's meeting, we'll be talking about how the small groups will work and you'll receive your assignments.  I'll be sending out the invitations later today.

8SS

-You're working on the ancient Rome project.  You need to email me today by lunch with your choice; you can choose Gladiator or Roman Living.  If you choose the magazine, include your section (homes, business, news, etc.).  IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU BY LUNCH, I WILL ASSIGN YOUR TOPIC.
-For those who have chosen Gladiator, I'll be emailing your parents this afternoon to ensure they will allow you to watch the move and do the project.  If we were in the classroom, I'd be sending home a permission form.  While it is an excellent movie depicting ancient Rome, there is some inappropriate language and reference to inappropriate behaviour.  I will not send you the project workbook until I get permission for you to watch the movie from your parents.  I will then send it directly to you--I won't post it here.  I will do parent emails after lunch.

7SS

-You're working on the Quality of Life project.  You need to email me today by lunch with your choice; you can choose Humanitarian or NGO.  You must include who or what your project will be about.  IF I DON'T HEAR FROM YOU BY LUNCH, I WILL ASSIGN YOUR TOPIC.


No comments:

Post a Comment